In addition to this Policy, some Ford products and services (including some Ford apps) have their own privacy policies which describe in more detail how your personal information is used in a particular context. You can also find out more about what information your vehicle collects and uses by consulting the owners' manual or its accompanying app (where available), and about how your personal information is used when your Ford vehicle is serviced or repaired.
Who we share your information with
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- companies or other organisations that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf;
- companies or other organisations where you have asked us to or agreed that we may share your personal information with them;
- dealers and our partners where this is necessary to provide you with a product or service;
- professional advisors;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
- any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
Tim Norton Motor Services Ltd may also transfer your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy to Ford Credit and any other Ford Motor Company Group company worldwide and its service providers. A list of the companies within Ford Motor Company Group is available at http://corporate.ford.com/homepage.html.
Your personal information will be treated in accordance with UK law concerning data protection and may be transferred within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), as well as to countries outside the EEA (including to the USA). Tim Norton Motor Services Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected when it is transferred to countries outside the EEA.
What information will we use?
Tim Norton Motor Services collects personal information from the Website:
- when you fill in forms; and
The Website enables you to provide personal information including:
- your name and contact information (such as your address and email address) and information about your business or employer if you are enquiring in a commercial capacity if you use the 'Contact' tab;
- information about your vehicle (including your Vehicle Identification Number ("VIN"), vehicle registration number and mileage);
- the products and services in which you are interested; and
- your contact and marketing preferences.
In addition, we:
- collect your personal information if you contact us using the details available through the Website (for example, we will keep a record of the information you provide when you write to us or contact us via email or phone); and
- may combine the information we hold with information about you or your interests, socio-economic and socio-demographic status, online identifiers and current contact details collected by third parties, but only when those third parties have your consent to this.
How do we use your information?
We use the personal information we collect from the Website to:
- fulfil your requests;
- manage our business and our relationship with you;
- deal with your enquiries;
- send you marketing material in line with your communications preferences;
- comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to prevent and detect crime and fraud.
We may combine and analyse your personal information to:
- help us develop and improve our products and services;
- to understand our customers better; and
- to manage and improve our relationship with you.
This could include, for example, informing our distribution strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing and customer service, conducting market analysis and identifying products or services which may be of interest to you, and contacting you to tell you about such products and services.
We would like to make sure the communications we send you and our interactions with you are as relevant to you as possible. As a result, from time to time, we may use information about you collected from third parties (as described in the ['What information will we use?'] section above) to help us determine what products and services you might be interested in. We may then send you information about those products and services in accordance with your communications preferences, and use the information we hold about you to inform our customer service centres if you contact them. You can find out how to stop receiving marketing material from us in the ['Your rights'] section below.
The website may use your preference settings from your browser to provide you with push notifications. You may opt-out of receiving push notifications by turning them off in your device.
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and for what purposes, as well as to access that information and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right in some circumstances to object to our use of your personal information.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. However, certain legislation, especially related to safety issues or financial regulation (e.g. when dealing with any Credit company) might prevent this.
If you have chosen to receive marketing communications from us you can change your mind at any time. If you would like to stop receiving communications from us, please write to:
Tim Norton Motor Svs
If you have questions or concerns regarding our use of your personal information, or would like to access the information that we hold about you, please contact the relevant address above.
Other websites and social networking
The Website may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Policy. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of those websites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
The Website may also offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about us, the Website or the products and/or services available through it using third party social networking functionality (such as through "share this", "like" or "follow" buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in the Website among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about the Website with your contacts. However, you should be aware that sharing personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider and being made publicly-available, including through internet search engines.
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make substantial or material changes in the way we wish to use your personal information we will communicate providing a prominent notice on the Website or by contacting you directly. If you do not agree with these changes, please do not continue to use the Website.
Tim Norton Motor Services Limited. Registered in England: No.1232709, Registered Office: Long Row, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6LN, England.
Repair, diagnosis and servicing for your Ford vehicle
When your Ford vehicle was manufactured it was assigned a unique number (the Vehicle Identification Number, or VIN). From the VIN we can tell certain information about your vehicle, including its model, age, the software it uses, its technical specifications.
In order to diagnose, analyse, repair or service your vehicle, the technicians working on it will need to collect the VIN together with certain diagnostic information and information about the current state of your vehicle (for example, what software versions it is using, its mileage etc.).
This information will be transferred to a system run by Ford so that the technicians working on your vehicle can be provided with vehicle-specific repair, maintenance and diagnostic information (such as wiring diagrams, vehicle software updates) and information about any past work carried out on your vehicle to assist them to diagnose, repair and/or service it and to enable them to maintain their records.
To make sure your vehicle has a comprehensive diagnosis record, information about what work is done to your vehicle when it is serviced or repaired will be linked to the VIN of your vehicle. This will be transferred to the system and stored so that Ford (or any third parties it authorises to use the system in this way) can make information about past repair or service available to any dealer or repairer anywhere in the world who needs to repair or service your vehicle.
The information held on the system is also used by Ford to enable the diagnosis, repair of your vehicle, to manage and administer warranties and similar products and services, for product safety and research and development purposes and to enable Ford to comply with its legal obligations.
In addition to the transfers of information described above, Ford may also pass this information to:
- companies in the Ford corporate Group for the purposes of research and development and analytics; and/or
- to companies in the Ford corporate Group and/or third parties where Ford Motor Company Limited believes this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect the rights of Ford Motor Company Limited, other companies in the Ford Motor Company corporate group, or the rights of any third party.
Given the global nature of the system, VIN information is transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area by Ford.
If you have any questions, or would like to access the information about your VIN held in the system, please write to:
PO Box 2318
Date: 16th April 2018